Pages

Cardboard Box TARDIS playhouse

Sunday 8 December 2013

It's finally time! When we moved in a month ago we got a new laundry tub put in and of course it came in a nice big cardboard box. Our bread and butter when it comes to crafts with the kids! Yes it has been getting in the way ever since it arrived but a cardboard box as you know is too much fun for Buddy and Button not to keep. After sanding, taping, painting and organising the house, we are almost finished (to what money will allow) and now it is time to start out newest Doctor Who project. We are in desperate need of a TARDIS for our mini Doctor, Buddy and his companion Button, so let's get started!

What we need, A great big box, some extra cardboard, lots of paint and some Wibbley-Wobbley Timey- Wimey stuff!


Button woke from her nap and found the polystyrene ball and the tape and things got a bit crazy.


In our house there are a few empty nappy boxes which were perfect for the top of the TARDIS and I added a strip for the police box sign. I didn;t think Buddy and Button would mind if I only did the main details on one side. 


After taping it all down I did an undercoat in white to hide the printing on the box. 


I'm glad I did an undercoat as the blue poster paint just glided on with hardly any effort, which is always handy.


Now for the fun part. I realised how much I missed painting when I got stuck in to the details. It took me a few hours to finish but even if the kiddies break it first go I enjoyed every minute of making it.


So here it is, our TARDIS! I am so happy with how it turned out and can't wait for Buddy to find it when he wakes up in the morning. I'm sure I'll have some pics of our little Doctor and his companion, somewhere in time and space in their new playhouse, if mum ever gets out.

Buddy went straight for his screwdriver and was so excited 'There's a TARDIS in the living room mum'! 


He also got very protective of it, even his companion wasn't allowed in. Ha, poor Button, I'm sure she'll find a way. 



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment